Friday 13th October 2023
9 am – 12 noon
A half day workshop at one of my favourite sketching locations in Stanford.
The cost is R550 and includes morning coffee/tea, a sketchbook, 4B pencil and eraser.
What you can expect to learn in this workshop:
- How to see like an artist, in values and big shapes.
- How to quickly and accurately get down what you see into your sketchbook.
- Generate lots of ideas for future paintings.
- Friday 13th October 2023
- Arrive 9 am. Meet at Stanford Kitchen.
- Get coffee and walk down to the Kleinrivier via the 47 steps.
- 9.30 am Start with a talk and demo.
- 10 am Two hours for sketching, during which time I’ll be available for one-on-one advice and support.
- Optional: lunch after the workshop at Stanford Kitchen (for your own account)
What you need to bring along:
- Water and a snack if you need one mid-morning.
- A clip board or small drawing board and bulldog clip. We will be working in A5 sketchbooks, so a regular sized clip board will work well.
- A camping chair if you don’t want to perch on a low fence or sit on the ground.
- Something to sit on if you do want to sit on the ground (small picnic blanket, towel)
- Hat and sunscreen
- A bag for carrying everything with you.
- We will be walking along some uneven ground and up and down steps, so please wear suitable footwear.
This workshop is open to all levels, and best suited to those who enjoy walking in nature and have a love for the outdoors.
Booking & Cancellation info:
- Price: R550, paid on booking. No refunds for cancellations after 5th October 2023.
- To book, please email or WhatsApp me:
- 084 584 3757
- For the workshop to take place, a minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 people must book.
- In case of rain forecast for the workshop day, I will make a call 24 hours before the workshop and we will go to a suitable indoor/undercover venue with good views instead. I will notify you of any changes to the venue by
12 noon on the12th October.